- Do you have a chronic condition which limits your ability to exercise?
- Have you been advised that taking part in physical exercise may help your medical condition, but don’t know how, or don’t have the confidence to do it alone?
- Are you preparing for, or recovering from surgery, injury or other short term condition which requires proper and safe modifications to your normal movement and exercise?
Regular physical exercise can have life changing benefits to your physical and mental well-being, but it can be scary and confusing if you have pre-existing medical conditions.
Our head PT Jennie is specially trained to deal with exercise referrals from GPs, surgeons, physiotherapists, chiropractors and self-referral for medical conditions. Jennie has extensive knowledge, skills, compassion and experience working with people of all abilities and with a range of short term and chronic health problems.
Here are just some of the short term and chronic illnesses that Jennie has helped people manage threw tailored exercise programmes:
- chronic back pain
- pre and post heart surgery
- recovery from joint surgery including hip replacements, ankle and knee surgery
- type 1 and 2 diabetes
- osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- ankylosing spondylitis (AS)
- joint hypermobility syndrome
- atrial fibrillation (AF)
- slipped and herniated disks
- nerve damage
- fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue
- chronic kidney disease (CDK)
- tendinitis, snapped and torn ligaments
- early menopause
Here are what some of our crew have to say:
I have had a bad back for almost 15 years after a serious car accident left me with nerve damage. I had NHS physio for years and just about managed on lots of painkillers. Then came my first pregnancy. My back went at 26 weeks and I had to have weekly physio which wasn’t great. Then came pregnancy number 2, and it got so much worse. I had significant pain, and was left with back spasms from the spinal injection. Whilst off on maternity I realised I had to do something or I wasn’t going to be able to run around with my kids.
That’s when I found set U free and Jennie. My weekly mobilisation sessions have changed my life. It’s massively helped my back, and my asthma, and I have hugely reduced the amount of medication I require. Every sessions is customised to my needs and my various aches and pains. Jennie cares about you as a person and always has helpful advice on things to do between sessions to improve my mobility and my general wellbeing.